by Bel Albin
Code 37 "�" "��Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"��
The driver returned a failure when it executed the Driver Entry routine. Reinstall the driver for this device.
Uninstall and reinstall the driver
If you have not already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, do so now.
1. on the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
4. Restart your computer.
Above is from Microsoft website and below is the English (simpler) version.
Error Code 37 simply means that the installed device cannot find its driver. Driver may be missing, corrupted, or incompatible.
1. Hardware not functioning as it should.
2. Slow computer operation. Operation System may take time to search its default driver database to see if there is a match.
Solution: Un-installation and Re-installation of Device Driver
1. Un-installation of device driver. Go to the Device Manager, look for the device with driver problem, probably with red x mark on it.
2. Right-click then choose Uninstall.
3. Un-installation confirmation window will open. Click OK. Device will be removed from the list.
4. Download latest driver from the manufacturer"��s support page or use a tool that will do automatic search and installation of drive for you.
5. Install new driver. Go to back to Device Manager >> click Action menu >> Scan for hardware changes.
6. Windows will scan installed devices and list to the Device Manager.
7. Un-installed devices will be listed again, Windows may also try to install default or previous driver. Right-click the device and choose Update Driver.
8. Hardware Update Wizard window will open. Choose "��No, not this time"�� from the selection then click Next.
9. Choose "��Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"�� then click Next.
10. Tick "��Include this location in the search:"�� Then Browse the location of the downloaded driver.
11. Driver will be updated and install
12. Restart your computer.
After restarting the computer you should see that your device is working as it should.
Additional steps: Clean up your registry.
Old drivers references may still be buried/lurking on windows registry. Cleaning it will help future errors. Ccleaner is my favorite tool for this. It will not only clean the registry but also all temporary files used by browsers and other applications.
Here are the simple steps:
1. Download ccleaner
2. Go to Cleaner then click Analyze. This will scan and report all files due for deletion.
3. Click Run Cleaner. All files marked for deletion will be deleted.
4. Go to Registry. Click for Scan for Issues.
5. Click "��Fix Selected Items"�� marked registry will be fixed or deleted.
Above two procedures are applicable of Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
Having an updated window driver may save you from unwanted error, slow performance and it is also one way of keeping your computer on its top speed.
Computer enthusiast sharing personal experiences on computer troubleshooting and keeping windows on its top speed by windows driver .
Article Source: ArticleSnatch Free Article Directory